Fitness is not about being better than someone else. It is all about being better than you used to be. Physical fitness is a combination of qualities that enable a person well in vigorous physical activities Today we will discuss about Physical fitness- Concept| Meaning| Importance
Physical fitness: concept| Meaning|Importance
we will discuss about the concept of physical fitness.
Concept of physical fitness:
- Physical fitness refers to maximum functional capacity of all system of the body. We are exercising when ever we move and keeping our body tuned and in a good running order. The body of human is framed in such a way that it can jump, climb, bend, stretch and do more tedious work. The human body becomes more stronger as it exerts more and muscles involvement matters a lot in shaping it. Exercise helps in improving our health and builds up our energy and stamina.
Meaning of physical fitness:
Meaning and importance of Physical Fitness is broad topic. fitness meaning to perform very well in physical activities.
- Physical fitness is the capacity to do work effectively with joy and pleasure. After the work is over, he still has sufficient capacity to do more work without any exertion. Moreover, his recovery must be faster and quicker.
- Physical fitness is related to work or task. It is a good physique. It is proper functioning of physiological system. Physical fitness adallah, the term physical fitness has wide meaning. It is more than the possession of strength, speed, endurance. The person who remains energetic, cheerful, and enthusiastic in doing his work is said to be physically fit.
- It’s level vary from person to person depending upon the nature of work, size, shape, structure, sex and age of an individual.
Importance of physical fitness:
Following are the importance of physical fitness:
1. Harmonious Growth and development:
Physical fitness is a good factor for growth and development of body. It keeps our body stretch and active.
2. Personality development:
Physical fitness is helpful in making the look of a person more attractive. It can fill energy and healthy body.
3. Development of health:
It also be a cause of development of health also. If a person is physically fit he has more ability to perform activities, if a person is not a physically good he is not able to do work efficiently.
4. Boosts energy:
Physical fitness also facilitate to boosting up energy of a body.
5. Increases stamina:
If a person is physically fit, stamina also increases in a body.
6. Mental strength increase:
It is also a cause of increasing mental capabilities to do work easily.
- Cardiovascular/aerobic exercise.
- Anaerobic exercise.
- Joint flexibility.
- Muscular endurance and strength.
1. Cardiovascular/aerobic exercise
- It is the exercise to availability of oxygen due to the physical activity in other words Cardiovascular exercise involves fitness relates to the ability of the circulatory and respiratory systems (the heart, the blood vessels and lungs) to supply oxygen during sustained physical activity. It is also referred to as cardiovascular endurance, aerobic fitness and cardio-respiratory fitness.
- This Aerobic means “involving oxygen.” It means your muscles are working in an oxygen-rich environment. You get more oxygen by breathing deeply. It has a time duration in minutes of aerobic exercise causes your body to produce fat-burning enzymes. An aerobic exercise is one that fits the following four requirements:
- Is steady, nonstop
- Lasts 12 minutes minimum
- Has a comfortable pace
- Uses the muscles of the lower body
- This exercise also have to be doing some work to get the benefit. Your heart rate and your breathing need to be elevated. It is hardly to don’t want to push too hard. One way to measure if your activity is too hard or fast is a simple talk test. This test is essential and Try talking to a friend while you’re exercising. If you can’t carry on a conversation without huffing and puffing for breath, then you need to slow down.
- Aerobic exercise plays an important part in life and due to this exercise ,the every little bit counts, so start slowly and work your way up.
2. Anaerobic exercise
- This exercise means to meet up the requirements. This Anaerobic means “lack of oxygen.” Your muscles are working in an oxygen-deprived state. This causes your body to produce sugar-burning enzymes. Anaerobic exercise is huge concept and these exercise is expending energy faster than your body can replace it by metabolizing oxygen.
- This type of exercise is any activity that fails to meet the above four requirements and this type of activity can become anaerobic if the heart rate is elevated above the training zone for a long period of time. Any start/stop activities would qualify. Some eg are :tennis, football, sprinting, skiing and weight training.
3. Joint flexibility
- Flexibility is the components of physical fitness and this joint Flexibility is a health-related component of physical fitness that refers to the range of motion available at a joint, such as your knees or shoulders. Most of the scientists specify that flexibility requires range of motion without discomfort or pain (Howley and Franks, 1997).
4. Muscular endurance and strength
- This is also a component of physical fitness and Muscular endurance is a health-related component of physical fitness that refers to the muscle’s ability to continue to perform without fatigue.
- Like flexibility, muscular endurance is specific in nature.
Louis Jude Ferrigno
November 9, 1951
Brooklyn, New York, U.S.
|Occupation||Bodybuilder, actor, personal trainer|
(m. 1978; div. 1979)
Carla Green (m. 1980)
|Children||3, including Lou Ferrigno, Jr.|
|Sport||Track and field|
|Club||Racers Track Club|
|Coached by||Glen Mills|
|Achievements and titles|
|Sport||Track and field|