Rules of life are same as that of the game “kabaddi.” The moment you “touch” your “success” line.People will start pulling your “leg.”Today we will discuss about Kabaddi-History, Rules and Regulations, fundamental skills, Terminology.
Kabaddi-History, Rules and Regulations, fundamental skills, Terminology
This game has its origin in the Indian subcontinent.It is a rural game and is very popular in rural parts of India as it has simple rules and does not require any equipment.Kabaddi rules were framed in the year 1923 and later revised in the year 1934.Kabaddi is controlled by International Kabaddi Federation established in the year 1952.In the year 1950, the kabaddi Federation of India was founded and it compiled a standard set of rules. In India kabaddi Federation of India regulates its rules and development. Kabaddi was a demonstration game in the year 1982 Asian games at New Delhi. It was officially introduced in the Asian games in the year 1990. Though this is not an olympic game yet efforts are going on to get its recognition in Olympics.India has the honour of winning all the gold medals in the Asian games.
If you are meme lover then read this https://haviknowledge.com/best-meme-generator-apps/
Rules of the Game:
1. Two teams of seven players each take their position in its own half side of playfield in this game.
2. One player get chance to ‘raid’ in opponent side, by speaking ‘kabaddi-kabaddi’.
3. He moves in a dodging pattern in an attempt to touch opponent players and reach back safely to his side.
4. The opponent player also try to catch hold of the raider so that he cannot go back to his side.
5. Each raider has to cross baulk line during raid.
6. lobby area can only be used during struggle.
7. No player can hit, push etc during struggle.
8. No player can use the abusive words.
9. No player can catch the clothes of the player.
10. Fouls: violent tacking, more than 5 seconds to raid, hitting the out raider, side push etc.
Fundamental skills of kabaddi:
Two fundamental skills are involved in the game of kabaddi:
1. offensive skills
2. Defensive skills
1. Offensive skills:
These offensive skills are performed by raider to touch opponents and come back safe to own half after raid. These skills are can’t, side kick, roll kick, toe kick, front kick, cross kick, round kick, curve kick, dogging kick.
1. Cant: cant is a repeated clear sound of the word ‘kabaddi-kabaddi’ in one single breath during raid by the raider.
2. Toe touch: Toe touch is performed by the raider to touch the opponent by toe or leg during raid.
3. Side-kick: In this, the raider tries to touch opponent by side kicking keeping in mind that opponent should not hold the leg.
4. Front-kick: In front kick, the raider tries to kick from front, in a deceiving action keeping in mind that opponent should not grab the leg.
5. Mule-kick: It is a deceiving kick by and showing back to opponent.
These are the defensive skills performed to grab raider. Defensive skills are like knee catch , ankle catch , crocodile catch ,wrist catch ,washerman hold , chain formative ,3-2-2 formation , front back formation , etc.
1. Knee-catch: In this the catcher holds or grabs the Knee catch this the raider is unable to escape from the grip of catcher.
2. Ankle-catch: In this the catcher visualises the movement of raider very carefully and grabs the raider ankle firmly. Catcher pulls the raider close and make him to fall.
3. Thigh-catch: It is holding the raider from thigh part. The skills has variation like one thigh catch or double thigh catch.
4. Crocodile-catch: It is holding the arm of raider from a distance later pulling it closer.
5. Wrist-catch: It is grabing the wrist and pulling the raider closer.
Terminology uses in kabaddi:
1. Raid: The player who attempts to go in opponents half play field with single breath of cant.
2. Catch: The defensive player of grabs from the raider and completely over power them, so that he cannot raturn safely to his own half.
3. Live: A player become alive, if a player of opponents team is made out or during raid own team member makes touch to opponents and returns back safe to own team safe to his own half.
4. Dead: During raid if the raider touchs opponent and return back safe to half, then the player whom the touch has been made are considered as dead. They will only return for playing with the help of own teammates, which Will make them alive.
5.cant: It is repeated clear sound from the raider in a single breath.”kabaddi, kabaddi”.
6. Broken cant: If the cant or ‘ kabbadi , kabbadi…’ is broken in the single breath during.
7. Hu-Tu-Tu: It is an another name of kabaddi.
Pro Kabaddi League, which is currently known as Vivo Pro Kabaddi League for sponsorship purpose, is a professional level kabaddi league in India. It was launched in 2014 and it is broadcast on Star Sports.
|Tournament format||Double round-robin league and Playoffs|
|Number of teams||12|
|Current champion||Bengaluru Bulls (1st title)|
|Most successful||Patna Pirates (3 titles)|
The popularity of the Kabaddi Tournament in the 2006 Asian Games was influenced by the establishment of the league. The format of the competition was influenced by the Indian Premier League. The Pro Kabaddi League uses a franchise-based model and its first season was organized in 2014 with eight teams, each of which was paid up to US $ 250,000 in fees
Pro kabaddi 2019 Schedule
|20-Jul-2019||Saturday||Telugu Titans vs U Mumba||19:30|
|20-Jul-2019||Saturday||Bengaluru Bulls vs Patna Pirates||20:30|
|21-Jul-2019||Sunday||Bengaluru Bulls vs Gujarat Fortune Giants||19:30|
|21-Jul-2019||Sunday||Telugu Titans vs Tamil Thalaivas||20:30|
|22-Jul-2019||Monday||U Mumba vs Jaipur Pink Panthers||19:30|
|22-Jul-2019||Monday||Puneri Paltan vs Haryana Steelers||20:30|
|24-Jul-2019||Wednesday||UP Yoddha vs Bengal Warriors||19:30|
|24-Jul-2019||Wednesday||Telugu Titans vs Dabang Delhi K.C.||20:30|
|25-Jul-2019||Thursday||Dabang Delhi K.C. vs Tamil Thalaivas||19:30|
|26-Jul-2019||Friday||UP Yoddha vs Gujarat Fortune Giants||19:30|
|26-Jul-2019||Friday||Telugu Titans vs Patna Pirates||20:30|
|27-Jul-2019||Saturday||U Mumba vs Puneri Paltan||19:30|
|27-Jul-2019||Saturday||Jaipur Pink Panthers vs Bengal Warriors||20:30|
|28-Jul-2019||Sunday||Dabang Delhi K.C. vs Haryana Steelers||19:30|
|28-Jul-2019||Sunday||U Mumba vs Bengaluru Bulls||20:30|
|29-Jul-2019||Monday||Tamil Thalaivas vs Patna Pirates||19:30|
|29-Jul-2019||Monday||Bengal Warriors vs Puneri Paltan||20:30|
|31-Jul-2019||Wednesday||Haryana Steelers vs Jaipur Pink Panthers||19:30|
|31-Jul-2019||Wednesday||U Mumba vs UP Yoddha||20:30|
|1-Aug-2019||Thursday||Gujarat Fortune Giants vs Dabang Delhi K.C.||19:30|
|2-Aug-2019||Friday||Telugu Titans vs UP Yoddha||19:30|
|2-Aug-2019||Friday||U Mumba vs Gujarat Fortune Giants||20:30|
|3-Aug-2019||Saturday||Patna Pirates vs Jaipur Pink Panthers||19:30|
|3-Aug-2019||Saturday||Bengal Warriors vs Bengaluru Bulls||20:30|
|4-Aug-2019||Sunday||Haryana Steelers vs Tamil Thalaivas||19:30|
|4-Aug-2019||Sunday||Patna Pirates vs Puneri Paltan||20:30|
|5-Aug-2019||Monday||Dabang Delhi K.C. vs Japir Pink Panthers||19:30|
|5-Aug-2019||Monday||Gujarat Fortune Giants vs Puneri Paltan||20:30|
|7-Aug-2019||Wednesday||UP Yoddha vs Tamil Thalaivas||19:30|
|7-Aug-2019||Wednesday||Patna Pirates vs Haryana Steelers||20:30|
|8-Aug-2019||Thursday||Telugu Titans vs Bengaluru Bulls||19:30|
|9-Aug-2019||Friday||Bengal Warriors vs U Mumba||19:30|
|9-Aug-2019||Friday||Patna Pirates vs UP Yoddha||20:30|
Pro kabbadi 2019 Points Table
|Dabang Delhi K.C.||2||2||0||0||10||2|
|Jaipur Pink Panthers||1||1||0||0||5||19|