The mos impactabLe player, Shikhar Dhawan (born: December 5, 1985, Delhi) is an Indian international cricketer. He is an opener, right handed batsman and occasional right-handed off-break bowler. Dhawan started his first-class career for Delhi.Today we will discuss about Character sketch of Shikhar Dhawan: Biography, Achievements
Character sketch of Shikhar Dhawan: Biography, Achievements
- Dhawan is an international Indian player who has also been a player of Indian national team.
- He is a left-handed batsman and right-arm bowler of right-handed batsman.
- Shikhar Dhawan played against Australia in their first ODI match in 2010.
- Shikhar Dhawan was born on December 5, 1985 in Delhi, Sunya and father’s name in the Punjabi family of Mahendrapal Dhawan.
- He completed his education from St. Mark’s School in Delhi. From the age of 12, he started practicing cricket under the guidance of Tarak Sinha in Sonnet Club.
- In 2012, Shikhar Dhawan married the boxer Ayesha Mukherjee of Melbourne, who was already married and has two daughters
- Both of them met through Facebook. 2014 he has a boy named Jarara.
Carrer of Shikhar Dhawan
- Shikhar Dhawan has played in the Under-19 World Cup in 2004. In that World Cup, he scored the most runs. He scored 505 runs in 7 innings and is an under-19 World Cup record.
- In 2004-05, he played the first match in Delhi’s Ranji Trophy. In that trophy, he was the highest run scorer with his team.
- In October 2010, he played the first ODI match against Australia in Visakhapatnam.
- In June 2011, he played the T20 debut against the West Indies at Queen’s Park Oval. He completed his first half-century in ODI’s first match.
- On 14 March 2013, he played against Australia in the first Test match. On the third day of the Test he completed the fastest century and broke the record of former India player Gundappa Vishwanath who made the fastest century in the match. Shikhar Dhawan scored an unbeaten 185 in only 168 balls in that Test match.
- Shikhar Dhawan Delhi Daredevil in IPL
2001-02 Best Scorer in the Vijay Merchant Trophy
leading scorer in Vijay Merchant Trophy
- In 1999-2000, Shikhar Dhawan was inducted into the Delhi under-16 team for the Vijay Merchant Trophy.
- The peak performance was normal in the first session. The next year i.e., the Vijay Merchant Trophy of 2001-02 found a glimpse of the summit. In the entire tournament, Pikhara played 9 matches and scored a total of 755 runs with a decent average of 83.88.
- The summit was the best scorer of the entire tournament and his team Delhi will be the second in this tournament.
Shikhar Dhawan was inducted into the Indian team for the Under-17 Asia Cup held in 2000-01 due to his consistent performances in Delhi under-16.
In the tournament, the peak got the opportunity to play three matches, in which Shikhar scored a total of 255 runs with an average of 85. He was the best scorer of the tournament towards India.
Player of the tournament in Under-19 World Cup 2004
Player of Tournament in Undr-19 WC-04
- In domestic cricket, Shikhar Dhawan has recorded the highest run after Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag in his account.
- The summit first came in the discussion on international level, when Shikhar scored 505 runs in 7 matches at an average of 84.16 in the Under-19 World Cup held in Bangladesh in 2004.
- It included 3 centuries and one century. Although the Indian team was out of the semi-finals after losing to Pakistan
Winner of Hyderabad in the 2016 IPL
- Shikhar Dhawan’s team Sunrisers Hyderabad managed to become the winner of the 2016 IPL Tournament led by Australia’s David Warner.
- In this, Shikhar Dhawan scored 501 runs in 17 matches with a fine average of 38.53 played. In the 2017 IPL also, Shikhar Dhawan continued the good batting lineup for his team Sunrisers Hyderabad.
- He scored 479 runs in 14 matches played with an average of 36.84.
Shikhar Dhawan Achievements
Shikhar Dhawan set the fastest Test century against Australia on debut.
Some stats of Shikhar Dhawan
|Test debut (cap 277)||14 March 2013 v Australia|
|Last Test||7 September 2018 v England|
|ODI debut (cap 188)||20 October 2010 v Australia|
|Last ODI||19 January 2020 v Australia|
|ODI shirt no.||25|
|T20I debut (cap 36)||4 June 2011 v West Indies|
|Last T20I||10 January 2020 v Sri Lanka|
|T20I shirt no.||42|
|Domestic team information|
|2008||Delhi Daredevils(squad no. 25)|
|2009–2010||Mumbai Indians(squad no. 25)|
|2011-2012||Deccan Chargers(squad no. 25)|
|2013–2018||Sunrisers Hyderabad(squad no. 25)|
|2019-present||Delhi Capitals(squad no. 25)|
Shikhar Dhawan has married Ayesha Mukherjee, who is about 10 years older than her. Shikhar Dhawan Personal life is very interesting.
- Ayesha is a British-Bengali, who lives in Melbourne, Australia. Ayesha’s father was Bengali, who had married a British woman. Prior to Shikhar Dhawan, Ayesha has been the wife of an Australian businessman.
- He has two daughters from him, Reya and Alia. After the marriage of Shikhar Dhawan in 2014, both of them had a son named Jarara Singh.
- Ayesha Shikhar Dhawan’s Facebook Friend is Wife Indeed, Ayesha Mukherjee was a Facebook friend of Indian player Harbhajan Singh before Shikhar Dhawan.
- When Shikhar Dhawan sent him a friend request when he saw him in the Facebook Friendlist of Harbhajan Ayesha accepted a friend request and gradually this identity changed into a first marriage and then marriage.
- Ayesha Mukherjee is also a good boxed player in her youth days. Due to his wife being Melbourne, Shikhar Dhawan considers this as his second hometown.
- 2015 was taken at the World Cup which was taken at Aust and hosted by New Zealand. Prior to its introduction, Shikhar Dhawan had promised his wife Ayesha Mukherjee that he would definitely make a hundred in any of the first three matches. Shikhar also fulfilled his promise.
Records of Shikhar Dhawan
- “Gabbar” Opener Shikhar Dhawan of the Indian cricket team has completed 30 of his life today.
- The left-handed opener was born on December 5, 1985 in Delhi. Dhawan’s Team India debut during Australia’s one-dayer against Australia in 2010.
- After this, Dhawan played his first Test against Australia in 2013 and played a big role.
- He already made a hundredth century record in the match. Since then Dhawan has been a regular member of Team India. Prior to joining the national team, he was part of India Under-17