Liv Golf is a relatively new golf league that was founded in 2020. As such, there are no “all-time” records for Liv Golf yet. However, there are some notable achievements from the first season of Liv Golf in 2021:
- Lee-Anne Pace won the inaugural event, the Aramco Team Series – London, with her team, the Scandinavian Mixed. This made her the first player to win a Liv Golf event.
- In the same event, Celine Boutier set a Liv Golf record by making seven consecutive birdies in the second round.
- Emily Kristine Pedersen won the overall season championship, the Liv Golf Invitational, and the bonus prize of $1 million. She won two events and finished in the top five in all four events she played in.
- Pedersen also set a Golf record for the lowest 18-hole score with a 62 in the third round of the Aramco Team Series – Sotogrande.
- Lydia Ko and Minjee Lee tied for the lowest 36-hole score in Liv Golf history at the Aramco Team Series – New York. They both shot 129 over two rounds.
“Liv Golf” is a new women’s golf league that was launched in 2021, so there are no all-time results for this league as of my knowledge cutoff date (September 2021). However, I can provide some information on the league’s structure and goals.
Golf was created by Greg Norman and features a team format with a goal of increasing the visibility and marketability of women’s golf. The league’s inaugural season took place in August 2021 and featured 24 players competing on three teams: the North, South, and West.
Each team had eight players, and they competed in a series of events over three weeks in a “Race to Costa del Sol” format. The events included stroke play, match play, and a final team event. The players earned points based on their performance in each event, and the team with the most points at the end of the season was crowned the champion.
The inaugural Golf season was won by the South team, which included players like Georgia Hall, Charley Hull, and Minjee Lee. The league has stated its intention to expand in the coming years and become a major force in women’s golf.
- Olivia Cowan, a German golfer, won the inaugural Liv Golf Invitational in 2020.
- At the 2021 Golf Invitational, which was the tour’s second event, Scotland’s Carly Booth defeated American Jennifer Kupcho in a sudden-death playoff to claim the title.
- Other notable Liv Golf players include Marissa Steen, a former LPGA Tour player who won her first professional tournament at the 2020 Women’s Open on the Swedish Golf Tour, and Maha Haddioui, who became the first female professional golfer from Morocco when she joined the Ladies European Tour in 2012.
As the tour continues to grow and gain more exposure, it is likely that Golf players will continue to achieve notable accomplishments and make a name for themselves in the world of women’s professional golf.