Yuvraj Singh is a great Indian batsman. In history of cricket Yuvraj Singh hits 6 balls off 6 sixes against the England bowler Stuart Broad. Today we will discuss about Thunderous World Record of Yuvraj Singh 2011
Thunderous World Record of Yuvraj Singh 2011
Yuvraj Singh is the second Indian to hit six sixes.
He was dismissed for seven max by making 58 runs in 14 balls.
Yuvi had 12 balls to try and it is still the fastest T20I fifty.
- On 19th September, 2007, Yuvraj Singh of India became the first batsman to send six balls in a row for the first time in a T20 I.
- He trapped England’s Stuart Broad in every corner of the field in the 19th over of the match.
- He was the first Indian and second overall player to achieve international cricket. Herschelle Gibbs was the first player to hit six sixes in an over.
- He torn the Dan van Banz of the Netherlands, around the park in St. Kitts in the 2007 World Cup.
- Sir Garfield Sobers was the first person to achieve the feat.
- He achieved this feat in a first-class match against Glamorgan for Nottinghamshire in 1968. Ravi Shastri was the first Indian and second place to do this.
- Present coach of India, in 1985, representing Bombay (now Mumbai), did so against Baroda.
- Since then Alex Hales, Misbah-ul-Haq, Ross Whiteley scored 36 runs in 6 balls in first-class games.
- But, Yuvraj’s achievement was special. Not only due to the overwhelming hitting but also due to the events happening in Durban. UV was very angry and hit the ball well and in the 18th over, India was moving ahead from 159/3.
- India was showing strong position due to Mahendra Singh Dhoni and Yuvraj being on the crease.
- Andrew Flintoff was bowling in the 18th over and Dhoni was ready to give the strike back to his partner because he was playing the ball well.
He hit two fours in Freddie and the English all-rounder did not like it. Between overs, faced with some oral exchanges, which did not get better with the Punjab batsman and removed it.
- When the ball came on Broad, India were on 171/3. Yuvraj returned and threw the ball over deep midwicket for the first sixes.
- The next ball was thrown around the middle and leg and Yuvraj did not have any problem in flicking it with his pad for sixes!
- The camera posed Flintoff and saw him shaking his head but that was not the case.
- The next ball was pitched and he played a classical lofted cover drive for the third maximum between long-off and cover.
Absolute carnage, ‘Shastri said in the commentary box. Broad had no idea what he had to do and he changed the angle and took the wicket, only to complete the height of the waist and the UV compiled it over the point boundary. 4 in 4
Now, an elite Broad changed the angle and went on the wicket.
- They cast an off-stump line around the mid-pitch mark and the result was the same. This time on the deep square leg. One line in 5 A helpless Broad could offer only a bang smile, but the crowd was a ball.
- Broad charge for the last ball, almost the same way as he has given up, balling in the same area! Deposit on Deep mid wicket for the sixth.
- 36 runs in an over and Yuvraj Singh’s 50 runs in 12 balls, with a great strike rate of 416.7. India finished with 218/4 in their 20 overs and won by 18 runs in the Super 8 game.
- Yuvi 12 balls are still the fastest T20I fifty.
Incidentally, India’s current one-day vice-captain Rohit Sharma also made his debut in that match.
You can also read https://sportsjone.com/celtics-schedule-nba-champions-news-record-score/