India’s national cricket team, also known as Team India and Men in Blue, is governed by the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI), and the Test is a full member of International Cricket Council (ICC) with One Day Internationals. (ODI) and Twenty20 International (T20I) status. Today we will discuss about India Cricket World Cup Guide: Gameplan, Key player & Prediction
India Cricket World Cup Guide: Gameplan, Key player & Prediction
watch this full video
|Nickname(s)||Men in Blue, Team India|
|Association||Board of Control for Cricket in India|
|Bowling coach||Bharat Arun|
|Fielding coach||Ramakrishnan Sridhar|
|Test status acquired||1932|
|International Cricket Council|
|ICC status||Full member (1926)|
|First Test||v England at Lord’s, London; 25–28 June 1932|
|Last Test||v Australia at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney; 3–7 January 2019|
|One Day Internationals|
|First ODI||v England at Headingley, Leeds; 13 July 1974|
|Last ODI||v Australia at Feroz Shah Kotla Ground, Delhi; 13 March 2019|
|World Cupappearances||11 (first in 1975)|
|Best result||Champions (1983, 2011)|
|First T20I||v South Africa at the Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg; 1 December 2006|
|Last T20I||v Australia at the M. Chinnaswamy Stadium, Bengaluru; 27 February 2019|
|T20 World Cupappearances||6 (first in 2007)|
|Best result||Champions (2007)|
The 2011 winners are Virat Kohli, who is the best ODI bowler in the world and is considered as the best of India, but he has to face a difficult start and avoid the ambush.
- 66 years after Kapil Dev’s India – 66-1 outsiders won their first World Cup, at Lord’s, they entered into the 2019 tournament as joint favorites with England.
- This time his leadership is a person who has been part of two successful World Cup campaign – the under-19 version (in the form of captain) in 2008 and the 2011 version (the youngest player in the team).
Also read https://www.cricketworldcup.com
- Now, in the case of senior captain, his reputation is followed in the epic run chase, Virat Kohli does not consider pressure only as an acquaintance, but he has been a long-lost friend.
- There is a possibility to include more than 300 wickets in a tournament, which is often in the form of a summer embryo as candy floss, the captain of India for the half-century of any batsman with a minimum of 5,000 one-day internationals Claims the most successful conversion rate for he changed 41 out of his 90 half-centuries into three figures.
- His record is also ridiculous in pursuing a successful pursuit: In 84 matches, Kohli averages more than 95 with 21 centuries. No rescue is safe until he is out.
World’s No 1 Ranked Bowler
Jaspreet Bumrah – The invasion of India is not only in the context of the speed of Bumrah, Mohammed Shami and Bhubaneswar Kumar, but also as the left hand wrist spinner Kuldeep Yadav and leg spinner Yuswendra Chahal. With four all-rounders, it is high on one side of confidence and behind the host is second in the ICC rankings. Yet, due to his huge migration, India treats England as home away from home.
India Cricket World Cup Guide
But – and it’s a big one – it will be one of his most difficult world cup assignments.
- After only two warm-up games against New Zealand and Bangladesh, and no one-day international match, as Australia lost a series in Australia in March, only one match against India’s first three matches against South Africa, Australia and New Zealand Will be in the week.
- This is quite an introduction to the tournament. If asked, two of those games do not run in their own way, it makes them weak for their fourth match
- Against Pakistan, a very incomplete competition that has allowed the players and the management to lose sleepless nights for many nights.
- India has just emerged from a divisive general election, nationalist sentiment is at its peak: winning against Pakistan is non-negotiable.
- On the other hand, India has won all six World Cup matches against its bitter opponents.
- India’s batting depends heavily on the experience of their top three – Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan and Kohli.
- Although Dhoni can be India’s largest finisher, with an average of 105 successful races (better than Kohli), he is worried that he is not following the big totals as his totem.
- And if anything happens to the recent England-Pakistan series, then there will be some really big totals.
- Finally, there is a burden of hope – only England will have to struggle with more pressure than India, the most supported team in all sports.
- As long as they recently lost to Australia, their only bilateral one-day series since January 2016 was in England last summer. But knowing Kohli, it will be just the inspiration that needs blood inside him.
|Player||Matches||Runs||Highest score||Average||Strike rate||50s||100s|
|Player||Matches||Runs conceded||Wickets||Average||Economy||Strike rate|
However, thanks to Kohli, India now specializes in pursuing the goal.
- This means that they can put Sharma in the best possible six after the final World Cup – when batting first, and Kohli chasing.
- As far as bowling is concerned, Bumrah’s economy rate of 4.51, both the ability to swing Kumar’s ball, and Yadav’s ability to make the best fox in the business – he had 25 in the Trent Bridge against England last summer Take 6 wickets – they will be their main weapon.
A tournament is scheduled to be a run fest, the dot ball will be like gold dust.
- With its unorthodox action, accuracy, and a bullet-like yorker, Bumrah is the dream of a captain, especially on death.
- But it is his calm nature – recently during the IPL final match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings – this will be India’s largest asset.
- During austerity, wicketkeeper Quinton de Kock gave Bumrahah a growing delivery through his gloves
- In that situation, any bowler will have to excuse himself to get rid of something. Bumrahah’s reaction? One hand around the deck’s shoulder – and a frying smile.
Although it is the most inefficient format since the 1992 World Cup, in which only 10 teams are in the field, there is no separate group and there is no easy entry in the knockout stages, it would be a shock if India did not make the semi-finals.
After that, of course, this is someone’s game. As it was proved in the 2017 Champions Trophy final between India and Pakistan, a spectacular display – in this case, the century of Fakhar Zaman could match the match despite previous expectations. India will be eager to ensure that they will not kill again.
World Cup Records
|Format||Matches||Won||Lost||Drawn||Tied||No result||Inaugural Match||Latest Match|
|Test||533||150||165||217||1||–||25 June 1932||3 January 2019|
|ODI||961||498||414||–||9||40||13 July 1974||31 January 2019|
|T20I||115||70||41||–||1||3||1 December 2006|
|Most runs||Sachin Tendulkar||2,278||Ricky Ponting||1,743|||
|Highest average(min. 20 inns.)||AB de Villiers||63.52||Michael Clarke||63.42|||
|Highest Strike rate(min. 20 inns.)||Brendon McCullum||120.84||AB de Villiers||117.29|||
|Fastest double century||Chris Gayle v Zimbabwe(2015)||138 balls||Martin Guptill v West Indies(2015)||152 balls|||
|Fastest 150||AB de Villiers v West Indies(2015)||64 balls||–||–|||
|Fastest century||Kevin O’Brien v England(2011)||50 balls||Glenn Maxwell v Sri Lanka (2015)||51 balls|||
|Fastest fifty||Brendon McCullumv England(2015)||18 balls||Brendon McCullumv Canada(2007)|
Angelo Mathews v Scotland(2015)
|Most centuries||Sachin Tendulkar||6|| Ricky Ponting|
|Most 50+ scores||Sachin Tendulkar||21||Kumar Sangakkara||12|||
|Most ducks||Nathan Astle||5 out of 22||Ijaz Ahmed||5 out of 26|||
|Most sixes|| Chris Gayle|
AB de Villiers
|Most sixesin an innings||Chris Gayle v Zimbabwe(2015)||16||Martin Guptill v West Indies(2015)||11|||
|Highest score||Martin Guptill v West Indies(2015)||237*||Chris Gayle v Zimbabwe(2015)||215|||
|Most runs through boundaries in an innings||Martin Guptill vWest Indies(2015)||162||Chris Gayle v Zimbabwe(2015)||136|||
|Highest partnership||Marlon Samuels& Chris Gayle|
(2nd wicket) v Zimbabwe(2015)
|372|| Sourav Ganguly & Rahul Dravid|
(2nd wicket) v Sri Lanka(1999)