ICC Cricket World Cup is the international championship of One Day International (ODI) cricket. This event is organized by the governing body of the game, by the International Cricket Council (ICC), with the initial qualification round in every four years till the final tournament. Today we will discuss about ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Who will win the tournament?
ICC Cricket World Cup 2019: Who will win the tournament?
The 12th edition of the ICC Cricket World Cup is starting in England and Wales from May 30, with the final on July 14. The showpiece tournament will start at the Oval, while the summit match will be played at Lords. England will host World Cup for the fifth time in history after 1975, 1979, 1983 and 1999.
- A total of 10 teams will participate in the tournament, which is a decrease in the number of teams participating in the previous two editions – 14. Like the 1992, 12th edition of the World Cup will also have a round-robin format experience.
- This means that each team will get the chance to face nine other people to qualify for the semi-final round.
- Total 45 league stage matches will be played before the top four teams qualify for knockout.
- While it will be the first World Cup tournament for all Test playing nations, but none of the allies in the tournament will be there.
- With less time than a fortnight before the World Cup kick starts, the predictions from big cricketers and sports pundits are getting thicker and faster.
- The host country, England, emerges as the top favorite, followed by Virat Kohli-led Indian team.
- 364, 359, 341 – This is the score of England in the last three ODIs, in which they played N Root, in which they not only motivated Pakistan to win 3-0 in the five-match series, Ian Morgan Leading team successfully followed India’s record by successfully chasing more than 340 formulations four times in history.
- England went out strongly after their exit from their humiliating group-stage in Bangladesh in the last World Cup.
- In addition to the domestic advantages, England have won all their previous 16 matches following the target.
- In fact, they have the highest percentage of win – 65.51 since the World Cup 2015.
India stand second…
A strong top-order pair, a tremendous MS Dhoni factor in the middle-order and a tough seam bowling attack are a matter of pride for the Indian cricket team. However, their inability is still not there. In the recent times, the Indian kept the second spot for the middle-order of the No. 4 batsmen.
In addition, Men In Blue was recently dropped from Steve Smith and David Warner – a few Australian team home. Statistically, India is second with 65.11 percent win after the last World Cup.
Other in the field …
Australia have won eight straight ODIs at the right time – 3-2 against India and 5-0 whitewash against Pakistan And now with an in-form Warner and Smith in their arsenal, Australia certainly will have a force to re-join.
I hope you like the Article. .. https://sportsjone.com/premier-league-darts-final-nights-prediction-in-london/