Sebastien Haller is a professional footballer, who plays as a forward for Premier League clubs West Ham United and the Ivory Coast national team. He has previously played for Auxre, Utrecht and Intrachat Frankfurt. Today we will discuss about Sebastien Haller £20m Ajax closer to seal move
Sebastien Haller £20m Ajax closer to seal move
Ajax are close to completing a deal to sign Sébastien Haller, who has failed to live up to expectations since joining West Ham for a record £ 45m in 2019. The striker has struggled to adapt to the pace of English football and wants to make the switch. For the Dutch club.
- Haller, who became the most expensive player in West Ham’s history 18 months ago following his move from Eintracht Frankfurt, has a medical with Ajax and is expected to agree to personal terms before joining £ 20m.
- The 26-year sale could provide David Moyes to buy the new striker, a long-term target with Bournemouth’s Joshua King.
West Ham knows it will not be a risk to bolster the attack, as their only other senior striker, Michel Antonio, had a hamstring injury problem.
Although Mipo Odubeko has trained with the first team ahead of Monday’s trip to Stockport County in the third round of the FA Cup, the 18-year-old striker has no experience at senior level.
Haller, who made 10 goals in 48 Premier League appearances, had a chance to shine when Antonio suffered a hamstring injury following a 1–1 draw with Manchester City in October. However, the Ivory Coast international was disappointing after being given an extended run, scoring twice in 11 matches.
Moyes recently expressed disappointment with Holler following his stunning overhead kick in a 1–1 draw with Crystal Palace last month, with the manager saying he wished he was in a position to score more tap-ins.
Although Holler has shown class fluster, he has often appeared unfit to play as a lone player in the Premier League. Stronger and faster Antonio, who has presented two options since his return to fitness, has been more effective and dangerous.
- Given the 30-year injury record, West Ham would not want to rely too much on Antonio. Moyes tried to sign King in October.
- Bournemouth bid for £ 13m, but the Championship club may now be under more pressure to sell, given that the Norway international contract expires in the summer.
- West Ham have also been linked with Spartan Prague forward Adam Hallozek, but it is understood that a reunion with Marco Aranautovic is unlikely because Shanghai is with the SIPG forward’s £ 300,000-a-week salary. Abdulla Sima of Slavia Prague is another option.
- Moyes is set to allow Robert Snodgrass to join West Brom. The midfielder has fallen out of favor this season.
Stats & Personal Info
|Full name||Sébastien Romain Teddy Haller|
|Date of birth||22 June 1994|
|Place of birth||Ris-Orangis, France|
|Height||1.90 m (6 ft 3 in)|
|West Ham United|
|2015||→ Utrecht (loan)||17||(11)|
|2019–||West Ham United||46||(10)|