The man who is known as father of cricket is born April 24, 1973, in Bombay, India. Introduced to cricket at age 11, Tendulkar was just 16 when he became India’s youngest Test cricketer. Due to the year of two thousand five he become the first cricketer to score 35 centuries in Test play. In 2008, he reached another major milestone by surpassing Brian Lara’s mark of 11,953 Test runs. Today we will discuss about Sachin Tendulkar: Biography, History, Records, Education, Achievements.
Sachin Tendulkar: Biography, History, Records, Education, Achievements.
Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, popular as Sachin Tendulkar, is one of the most famous cricketer’s in the Indian team. Apart from that, in the history of this sport, he is among the greatest batsmen. The man who is the list of century makers as well as the maximum run scorers in the One Day International (O.D.I.) cricket matches and the Test cricket matches. He is a great man player in the history of Test cricket matches, who made 50 centuries. He is a right handed batsman. His bowling style includes right arm leg spin, medium pace and off spin though.
- First person to score a double century in One Day Internationals.
- He has made great records in the history of One Day Cricket (200* vs. South Africa on Feb 24, 2010 at Gwalior).
- Highest number of centuries (49). Highest number of fifties (96).
- Most 150+ scores (5). Most runs in a calendar year (1,894 runs in the year 1998).
- He got Most centuries-old in a calendar year (9 in the year 1998).
- He got most centuries against a single opponent (9 ODI centuries against Australia).
- Sachin has spanked the cricket ball across the boundary line a whopping 2,016 times!).
- Sachin is very harsh in Nature. During the course of his historic innings of 200*, he also went on to bag the record for the most number of boundaries scored by an individual in an ODI innings (25 boundary hits).
- Sanath Jayasuriya of Sri Lanka is behind him is 2nd place. First player to score 10,000 right up to 18,000 ODI runs.
- Most Man of the Match (MoM) awards (62). Most Man of the Match awards in World Cup Matches (9).
- Sachin Tendulkar has gained Most Man of the Series (MoS) awards (15).
- Another of Sachin Tendulkar’s ODI records happens to be that of the most number of consecutive matches for a team.
- The father of cricket has scored 1,000+ runs in a calendar year on 7 occasions (1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003 and 2007). This is a world record.
- This man was involved in a mammoth 331-run partnership for the 2nd wicket with Rahul Dravid (vs. New Zealand at Hyderabad on 8th Nov, 1999). This date made his highest partnership for any wicket in ODI
- Sachin Tendulkar has scored the highest number of centuries in the history of Test cricket (51).
- He always believed in ourselves on Dec 19th, 2010, he brought up his 50th Test century, which he scored against the South Africans at SuperSport Park, Centurion.After struggling he became the first, and remains the man have scored 50 Test hundreds; a phenomenal achievement in the game of cricket.
- Sachin was good chaser. He is now the leading run scorer in Test cricket, after having surpassed Brian Lara’s tally of 11,953 Test runs in 2008.
- He is one of the fastest man to reach the milestone of 8,000 runs in Test cricket (in terms of least number of innings required. This man acquire 154 innings to cross the mark, whereas Sangakkara did it in 152 innings).
- Sachin is a cool minded. He has great emotions about his game and One of the best fastest to reach the coveted milestone of 10,000 runs in Test cricket (Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara both achieved this milestone in 195 innings)
- Sachin Tendulkar was born on 24 April, 1973 in Mumbai. He is good person and Sachin’s mother was working in insurance & father Ramesh Tendulkar was a Marathi novelist.sachin has no interest about education. He is not interested in study but also started his education career at Sharadshram Vidyamandir High School where he had also started his cricketing career under the mentorship of coach Ramakant Achrekar.
- After he become young, he used to practice for hours in nets. His Coach used to put a one Rupee coin on the top oof stumps & bowler that who will dimiss Sachin will get this Rupee coin he is also clever and Tendulkar was awarded with that one rupee coin.
- Sachin has batting talent. It is often said that Sachin has not given his board exams due to cricket and tell about, he has failed Grade 10th board exams three times.
- Sachin Tendulkar education qualification is 10th pass. He did not graduate from any college. Sachin had studied in Vilasam highschool Mumbai.
- Sachin Tendulkar became the first brand ambassador of UNICEF for South Asia on 28th November 2013.
- He won many achievements like Wisden India Outstanding Achievement award, 11th June 2012.
- There was a award for the “Peoples Choice” as well as the “Exceptional Achievement in Sports” in the month of October, 2010 in London.
- The “B.C.C.I. Cricketer of the Year” Award on 31st May of 2011.
- The “Castrol Indian Cricketer of the Year” Award on 28th January in the year 2011.
- He got the Padma Vibhushan, India’s second highest civilian award, 2008
- He got the “Player of the Tournament” in the Cricket World Cup of 2003.
- He can also got the Maharashtra Bhushan Award, Maharashtra State’s highest Civilian Award in 2001
- He got a award of Padm Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award, 1999.
- He gained many reward but the most spectacular award Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna, India’s highest honour given for achievement in sports, 1997-1998.
- Wisden “Cricketer of the Year” in 1997.
- After struggling to life he won “Arjuna Award” for his “Outstanding Sports’ Achievement” in 1994.