The world of soccer has produced some of the greatest players of all time, and it’s difficult to narrow down the list to just a few names. However, here are ten of the best soccer players of all time, in no particular order:
- Pelé (Brazil) – Considered by many to be the greatest soccer player of all time, Pelé won three World Cups with Brazil and scored over 1,000 goals in his career.
- Lionel Messi (Argentina) – Messi has won multiple Ballon d’Or awards, which are given to the best player in the world, and has scored over 700 goals for Barcelona and Argentina.
- Diego Maradona (Argentina) – Maradona led Argentina to victory in the 1986 World Cup and is known for his famous “Hand of God” goal in the quarterfinals.
- Cristiano Ronaldo (Portugal) – Ronaldo has won multiple Ballon d’Or awards and has scored over 700 goals for clubs like Manchester United, Real Madrid, and Juventus.
- Johan Cruyff (Netherlands) – Cruyff was a key player in the Dutch “Total Football” team of the 1970s and won three Ballon d’Or awards during his career.
- Franz Beckenbauer (Germany) – Beckenbauer was a key member of the German team that won the 1974 World Cup and is considered one of the greatest defenders of all time.
- Zinedine Zidane (France) – Zidane led France to victory in the 1998 World Cup and is known for his incredible skill and vision on the pitch.
- Ronaldo (Brazil) – Ronaldo won two World Cups with Brazil and scored over 400 goals during his career, despite suffering from injuries.
- Michel Platini (France) – Platini won three Ballon d’Or awards and led France to victory in the 1984 European Championship.
- George Best (Northern Ireland) – Best was a key player for Manchester United in the 1960s and is considered one of the most talented players to ever grace the pitch.
Of course, this list is by no means comprehensive and there are countless other players who could be included.