Powerball is an American lottery game delivered by 44 states, Columbia District, Puerto Rico and US Virgin Islands. It is coordinated by the Multi-State Lottery Association (MUSL), a non-profit organization formed by an agreement with the US lottery. Today we will discuss about Powerball: Rules| Winners| Payout| Winning Numbers
Powerball: Rules| Winners| Payout| Winning Numbers
Minimum advertised powerball jackpot is $ 40 million (annuity); Powerball’s annuity is paid in 30 undergraduate installments or the winners can choose a one-time payment instead. One-time payments will be less than 30 annual payments because the time value of money is there.
|Formation||April 19, 1992|
|Owner||Multi-State Lottery Association|
There are five play areas (A-E) in each playplus, with 1-69 in the upper white play area and 1-26 boxes in the lower-shed play area.
You can play each set number (A) or up to five sets (A-E), in which the cost of each game is $ 2.00.
Pick your number
Select a five number 1-69 and a POWERBALL number 1-26 in each play area, or to select a computer for the computer, check the Quick Pick (QP) box on your playlip.
Play multiple pictures
For continuous drawing (including current drawing), mark the appropriate multi-drawer box to play your chosen numbers.
Add Power Play
For an additional $ 1.00 per play, add power play to your playplug. See how below you can multiply your winning by adding this feature.
How it’s work
Before pulling the POWERBALL number, a power play number (2, 3, 4, 5 or 10) is randomly selected.
- 10 multiplier is available for selection only when the advertised annuity jackpot is $ 150 million or less.
- If you win any non-jackpot prize (excluding 5 out of 5), then your regular prize money will be multiplied by the power play number.
- If you have added power play to your ticket and match all five white balls, you win $ 2 million immediately!
- Adding Power Play to your ticket is $ 1.00 per play, a total of $ 3.00 per play.
Example: If you fill all five Play Areas (AE) on Play-Play, choose Power Play and choose three under Multi-Draw, your cost will be 5 (Play Area) x $ 3.00 (Play with Power Play) x 3 (Draw number) = $ 45.00
David Johnson / $298.3 Million
December 26, 2018
- New York (January 25, 2019) – Twenty-six-year-old David Johnson of East New York has claimed a $ 298.3 million jackpot for the December 26, 2018 powerball drawing.
- Johnson has the distinction of winning the second largest jackpot in the New York Lottery history.
- New York (November 14, 2018) – Sixty-seven-year-old Robert Bailey has come forward to claim a ticket winning $ 343.8 million from the October 27, 2018 powerball drawing.
- New York City’s Belly now has the distinction of winning the biggest Jackpot in the New York lottery history.
- His winning ticket matched all the six numbers in the draw; He said that he has been playing for twenty-five years.
- Clive, Iowa (November 5, 2018) – A central Iowa woman has extended on Monday to claim $ 343.9 million of the powerball jackpot, winning the biggest lottery prize in Iowa till date.
- (September 27, 2018) – Nandlal Mangal, two-year-old from the Staten Island, has come forward to claim the only jackpot-winning ticket for $ 245.6 million from the August 11, 2018 powerball drawing.
- Salem, Ore (July 13, 2018) – Steven Nickell of Salem still is not convinced that the ticket he had in his wallet for two weeks was a $ 150.4 million powerball jackpot winner.
Whenever a power ball ticket is purchased, a large 50% leads to a prize (20% in the jackpot pool, 30% towards other awards). The remaining 50% goes to the state where the ticket was purchased to cover operating costs, retail costs and, of course, good reasons.
How many numbers you have been paid according to payment. The golden rule is that the greater the number corresponds to the larger prize.
The biggest decision you need to do is your Powerball number, because it will win you $ 4 if you match it alone, just two more regular numbers will match and you will be on your way.
|Numbers Matched||Prize||Odds of Winning|
|5 + Powerball||Jackpot||1 in 292,201,338.00|
|5||$1,000,000||1 in 11,688,053.52|
|4 + Powerball||$50,000||1 in 913,129.18|
|4||$100||1 in 36,525.17|
|3 + Powerball||$100||1 in 14,494.11|
|3||$7||1 in 579.76|
|2 + Powerball||$7||1 in 701.33|
|1 + Powerball||$4||1 in 91.98|
|Powerball only||$4||1 in 38.32|
The numbers prepared for the $ 625 million jackpot were: 24, 25, 52, 60 and 66 and Powerball 5.
According to the powerball, with a cash value of $ 750.5 million, the cost is $ 750 million.