The Sixers did not start in the fourth quarter with a six-point lead in Thursday’s 116-92 win. Today we will discuss about Philadelphia 76ers vs Orlando Magic Result 2021
Philadelphia 76ers vs Orlando Magic Result 2021
In the 72-game NBA schedule with a few games this year, the team could use a blowout win for several reasons, and the Sixers benefited from their first win 116–92 in Orlando on Thursday.
The game was not as close as the final score indicated. The Sixers led by 38 points, and gained 35 points at halftime. The starters did not play in the fourth quarter.
The schedule is brutal this season in terms of off season. The NBA released only the first part of the schedule. The Sixers will play their first 37 games until March 3.
Against Orlando, each Sixers played under 27 minutes, and 14 saw action.
- “It’s good whenever you can get one of them,” coach Doc Rivers said. “This is old school load management. This is how we manage our day. Our coaches will tell us, ‘You’ve got a big edge, you can sit.’ ‘
- Rivers played 13 seasons in the NBA, with his final season in 1995–96.
- What led to the Sixers’ three-point shooting suffered a setback. He led 75-40 at halftime and shot 10-for-17 from three-point range (58.8%).
- Including his first three-pointer of the season from Ben Simmons and only the third of his career. He is a 3-for-25 lifespan.
- “It helps them, when they leave, man,” Rivers said of his team’s three-point accuracy. “It’s funny. We’ve taken those shots in most games and not made them.”
- The Sixers ended up shooting 15-for-33 (45.5%) from beyond the arc, but the main damage occurred in the first half.
- For the game, eight players hit a three, including reserve center Dwight Howard, now in his 17th season. It was just the 10th career three-pointer for Howard, though he was 3-for-5 with the Los Angeles Lakers last year.
- Nevertheless, it was one of those nights when the three-pointer was a major weapon.
Seth Curry said, “We have good shooters, and even when we’re missing shots, you should be respected, where you have to guard outside.”
- Curry said that apart from making baskets, when a team is shooting so well out of three, it opens the court for other occasions.
- “You make those shots, and it gives everyone confidence that we can work right there in the line, I can drive the ball. Ben can drive the ball. Joel [Embiid] gets more than one.
- Coverage, and Tobias [Harris] can get more than one coverage, “Curry said.” So we’re going to spend the nights when we shoot the ball the way we did.
- It was the first win for the Sixers (4-1). They defeated the New York Knicks on Saturday, 109–89, but the Sixers only held a 60–55 lead.
- The Sixers’ lone loss in Cleveland on Sunday, 118-94, was also one in which the minutes were kept down. But teams obviously take time off in victory.
- To make Thursday’s decisive victory more impressive, Orlando (4-1) was playing good basketball. The Magic were the last unbeaten team in the NBA.