Chris Martin tied for an injury time equalizer to save a point for Derby County against Nottingham Forest. Today we will discuss about Derby County 1-1 Nottingham Forest in a Equal finish Results
Derby County 1-1 Nottingham Forest in a Equal finish Results
Chris Martin tied in a tie at the time of an injury, ending a point for Nottingham Forest for Derby County in an otherwise low-key East Midlands derby.
- Shortly after Ram was relegated to a stand-up challenge to substitute Marten Waghorn, Martin entered the end of a free-kick as it turned back into the box and simply forced it over the line from close range had gone.
- Joe Lawley’s initial long-range strike was enough to settle the match and move the Reds to third and four points of the top two in the championship.
- The Rama defense gained widespread support as Lollie’s right and the winger made the most of relative freedom in a quiet calm Pride Park, rushing forward and searching the far corner with a measured shot that led to Ben Hemmer Cheated.
- With Wayne Rooney crowded out in midfield and unable to uncover any impact, Derby barely threatened to return on terms, let alone clinched a sixth win.
- Forest could have added to their tally, with substitute Tiago Silva hitting the post from 20 yards and Lewis Grabbon shooting wide.
- But Martin intervened, meaning the Rams level in points with Cardiff in the sixth and final play-offs.
- The Reds finished fourth, fourth overall, due to the Derby’s seventh seed being in a stronger and stronger position, despite being consistently in play-off places since September.
- The point, welcoming it as the derby, still may not prove well enough. Philip Cocu has an incredibly difficult run-in in favor, with four of the top five still to play in their remaining five matches.
- The home games against third-placed Brentford and Leeds Leeds United are for the fifth time in seven seasons to reach the play-offs.
- Away from home they will play second-placed West Bromwich Albion and Cardiff City, who finish sixth, before traveling to Birmingham City on the final day of the campaign.
Derby County Table
|2||–||West Bromwich Albion||40||29||74|
|10||Preston North End||40||2||57|
|15||–||Queens Park Rangers||40||-7||50|