Brighton vs Chelsea. Premier League. 8:15 pm, Monday 14 September 2020. Today we will discuss about full match of Brighton vs Chelsea: H2H |Result|Highlights
Brighton vs Chelsea: H2H |Result|Highlights
Chelsea began their Premier League season with a 3–1 win against Brighton as Timo Werner and Kai Havert made their debuts.
Chelsea have signed several marquee so far this summer, though only the German pair have been able to fit in at the AMEX Stadium.
- Werner, in particular, was lively on his first competitive Chelsea appearance and was swiped to his feet by Matt Ryan in the 21st minute, sent by Jorginho (23).
- But Brighton – having solidified themselves well in the transfer window – had a pretty good chance and when Leandro Trossard (54) fired home, Kepa Arrizabalaga once had the ability to deal with long-range strikes Then said in question.
- But Chelsea restored their lead less than two minutes later, when Reece James (56) brilliantly completed his first Premier League goal. Kurt Zouma then shot himself a goal from Adam Webster’s leg, allowing Ryan to reach the spot.
- The win is a successful start for Frank Lampard’s new look – whose final two title wins have begun with a win on Monday evening – while Brighton will feel they wanted something from the encounter.
Chelsea wins the match.
Brighton: Ryan (6), Webster (6), Dunk (7), White (7), Lamptey (8), Bissouma (7), Alzate (6), March (7), Lallana (6), Trossard (6), Maupay (7).
Subs used: Connolly (6), Gross (5), Jahanbakhsh (5).
Chelsea: Kepa (6), Alonso (6), Christensen (7), Zouma (7), James (8), Jorginho (7), Kante (7), Loftus-Cheek (7), Mount (7), Havertz (6), Werner (7).
Subs used: Barkley (5), Hudson-Odoi (5), Azpilicueta (n/a).
Man of the match: Reece James.
- After the most awkward of pre-seasons in which the two sides met just two weeks ago, the initial 20-minute affair was quite serious, as they both found their feet.
- Werner looked on with full enthusiasm and it was his pace that won Chelsea’s penalty. Steven Alget’s poor pass was found to Jorginho, who threw the ball to his new teammate, who was stuck in Rens’ hands.
- It was a clear-cut penalty and Craig Pavson pointed to the opportunity, agreeing with the VAR decision. Jorginho pitched it and, after a slight jump in his run-up, easily sent Ryan out.
Reece james man of the match
James made an outstanding performance with a surprise performance to register his first Premier League goal and an assist pairing with a corner that led Chelsea’s third. Defensively, he made two blocks – the highest on the Chelsea team – and has certainly made his case for a regular starting berth this season.
Chelsea win the match
|Full name||Chelsea Football Club|
|Nickname(s)||The Blues, The Pensioners|
|Short name||CFC, CHE|
|Founded||10 March 1905|
|Head coach||Frank Lampard|
|2019–20||Premier League, 4th of 20|