Lets start to the discussion about the match between India and Afghanistan. This match is very interesting. It gives lot of pressure both the teams. It is a 50 overs match and it is very enjoyable match. These two teams give best efforts in the ground but ASIA CUP 2018: Match ended on tie between India and Afghanistan
ASIA CUP 2018: Match ended on tie between India and Afghanistan
- Asia Cup 2018; Compared to the Super-4 teams, the teams reached the peak of adventure between the teams of Afghanistan and ended on the tie.
- After chasing the target of 253 runs from Afghanistan, the entire team of India got out on 252 for 49.5 overs.
- India were to score 7 runs in the last over to win. The last pair of Ravindra Jadeja and Khalil Ahmed was on the crease.
- Ravindra Jadeja was not able to score any runs on Rashid Khan’s first ball.
- On the second ball, they chawed. On the third ball, he took a single and went to strike Khalil Ahmed. Afghanistan wicketkeeper Mohammad Shahzad, who scored a century in 114 in the match, was selected as the man of the match.
India could not make 7 runs in the last over of Rashid Khan
- Now India needed two runs in 3 balls to win. Khalil Ahmed took a single on the fourth ball of Rashid Khan and thus the match got tie.
- Now Ravindra Jadeja was on the strike and needed 1 run in 2 balls to win.
- But Ravindra Jadeja was shot in the air on the 5th ball of this over of Rashid Khan On the boundary line, Najibullah Jadaran caught his catch.
- In this way India’s innings was reduced to 252 runs. The Afghanistan team also scored 252 runs.
- K. Rahul and Ambati Rayudu gave India a fantastic start of 110 runs.
- But after both of them were dismissed, no other batsmen could leave the wicket except Dinesh Karthik and Afghanistan got success in tie-breaks.
Afghanistan gives a spectacular fielding specimen
- Dinesh Karthik played a patient innings of 44 runs in 66 balls with the help of 4 fours before the pagaddah was bowled by Mohammad Nabi.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni, captaincy in this match, scored 8 runs and Javed Ahmadi was bowled out leg before wicket. Although the umpire’s decision was wrong and if Dhoni took a review, he would have been out of the match.
- Because in Ripley it was clear that Javed Ahmadi’s ball was leaving the leg stump and going outwards. Afghanistan, in spell of magnificent fielding, scored three runs out of the form of Kedar Jadhav, Kuldeep Yadav and Siddharth Kaul.
- Manish Pandey scored 8 runs off Aftab Alam caught behind the wicket. Kedar Jadhav scored 19 runs. For Afghanistan, Rashid Khan, Mohammad Nabi and Aftab Alam 2-2 wickets shocked. Javed Ahmadi got 1 success
Afghanistan won the toss
- Afghanistan decided to bat first before winning the toss against India.
- In this match both the openers of India Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan did not play. Bhubaneswar Kumar, Jaspreet Bumrah and Yuswendra Chahal were also rested.
- Rohit is the captain of India in this tournament, while Dhawan’s vice-captain, once again, the responsibility of captaincy came on Dhoni’s shoulders.
Dhoni is the first Indian to captain 200 ODIs
- After almost two years, Mahendra Singh Dhoni, who was heading the team, made history after landing on the field against Afghanistan. He became the first Indian to captain 200 ODIs.
- Dhoni became the first captain and third captain of the world to make this record in ODI format. Dhoni’s name comes from Australia’s Ricky Ponting (230) and New Zealand’s Stephen Fleming (218).
India: Mahendra Singh Dhoni (Captain), Ambati Rayudu, Dinesh Karthik, Lokesh Rahul, Manish Pandey, Kedar Jadhav, Ravindra Jadeja, Deepak Chahar, Kuldeep Yadav, Khalil Ahmed and Siddharth Kaul.
Afghanistan: Asghar Afgan (captain), Mohammad Shahzad (wicketkeeper), Javed Ahmadi, Rahmat Shah, Hashmatullah Shahidi, Najibullah Jadran, Mohammad Nabi, Rashid Khan, Gulbadin Naib, Aftab Alam, Mujib ur Rehman
The final race of Asia cup 2018 Super 4 is still on. See which team is there.
– India played two matches. Both win. There are 4 points in total. Run rate is 1.474
– Pakistan also played 2 matches. 1 beat and 1 won. There are 2 points in total. Run rate is 0.284
– Hong Kong played 2 matches and both lost Digit zero and run rate -1.748
– Bangladesh played 2 matches. One beat and one won There are 2 points in total.
– Afghanistan also played two matches and won both. There are 4 points.
– Sri Lanka played 2 matches and lost in both. Number zero Run rate is -2.280